How to add Rentle online store to your WordPress website
If you have a WordPress website or are thinking of setting one up, taking Rentle in to use is easy and adding it to your website is easy with Rentle's WordPress plugin.
To start using the plugin follow these steps:
- Go to the plugin section in WordPress and search for Rentle. Install and activate the plugin by pressing the button in the top right corner of the plugin.
- Go to WordPress to an existing page or create a new one.
- Click on Add section and either using Gutenberg blocks to add the Rentle shop block or a shortcode. The needed shortcode is [rentle_shop].
Using Gutenberg blocks
Only shop id is mandatory in order to use the Rentle WordPress plugin. In order to embed a product, shop, location, category and product have to be defined.
The shop id can be found from your own Rentle Account (my.rentle.shop) > Settings > Channels > URL name
- Location id is the name of the location you want to specify the plugin to use. It can be found from the URL of your online store when the location is chosen. See the example below.
- Category id is the id of the category you want to show. It can be found:
- Through your Rentle Account (my.rentle.shop) > Products > Categories. the ID is in the selected category's URL. See the example below.
- Through your online store (rentle.store/YOURSTORENAME > Choose location > choose the category. The ID is in the selected category's URL. See the example below.
1. Rentle Account: https://my.rentle.shop/products/categories/6ZVdo1rlR1x13rGgXssB
2. Online store: https://rentle.store/johnsrentals/l/therentalshop/shop?category=6ZVdo1rlR1x13rGgXssB
- Product id is the id of the specific product you want to show. It can be found from your Rentle Account (my.rentle.shop) > Products. The ID is in the selected product's URL. See the example below.
- Padding is the amount of vertical padding of the shop block. It can be one of the following: no-padding, small-padding, medium-padding, large-padding
- Under the Advanced section, there is a possibility to define additional CSS classes that are applied to the Rentle shop block.
The attributes of the shortcode uses are:
- class => if you want to wrap the element to custom class
The shortcode attributes are the same as the ones used for the Gutenberg blocks.