How to add the Rentle online store to your WordPress website using the Rentle WordPress plugin
Rentle for WordPress lets you easily add an online rental storefront to your WordPress website. It can even run alongside other e-commerce plugins, like WooCommerce. Set it up in two easy steps: just install the plugin and connect it to Rentle.
On this page
Where to find the plugin
- Go to the plugin section in WordPress and search for Rentle. Install and activate the plugin by pressing the button in the top right corner.
- In WordPress navigate to an existing page or create a new one.
- Click Add section and either use Gutenberg blocks to add the Rentle shop block or a shortcode. The needed shortcode is [rentle_shop].
Remember to keep your plugins up to date!
We may release updates to the Rentle Plugin, which must be updated in the WordPress > plugin section manually. The current Rentle Plugin is Version 1.2
Embedding by using Gutenberg blocks
Define which section of your Rentle Store to embed by defining the attributes on the right side under Rentle shop block. Find all possible attributes explained below.
- Padding is the amount of vertical padding of the embedded shop block. It can be one of the following: no-padding, small-padding, medium-padding, or large-padding
- Under the Advanced section, you'll find the possibility of defining additional CSS classes applied to the Rentle shop block.
Embedding by using shortcode
Choose if you want to embed your entire Rentle Store, or a specific category, product or location. Learn how in the section below:
Embed your entire Rentle store
Use the following short code to embed your entire Rentle Store:
[rentle_shop shop = "Shop ID"]
The Shop ID is the minimum requirement to use the Rentle WordPress plugin. It can be found from your Rentle Admin App > Account > Domains & URLs > URLs > Rentle Domain Path. In the example below, the Shop ID is exampleshop123
Embed a specific category
Use the following short code to embed a specific category:
[rentle_shop shop = "Shop ID" category ="Category ID"]
Category ID is the ID of the category you want to embed. You can find it in your Rentle Admin App > Catalog > Categories. The Category ID is the last section in the selected category's URL. In the example below, the ID for the category Books is P7DuErhFKGh1yHOczl3n
Embed a specific product
Use the following short code to embed a specific product:
[rentle_shop shop = "Shop ID" category ="Product ID"]
Embed a specific store location
Use the following short code to embed a specific store location:
[rentle_shop shop = "Shop ID" location ="Location ID"]
The Location ID is just applicable if you have more than one store locations - if you have just one Rentle store location, you can skip this step. The location ID specifies which store location you want to embed. It can be found from your