What is the booking link and how to use it
From your Rentle Admin you can easily process booking inquiries you receive for instance through email or phone. You can create whole reservations from start to finish or prepare a reservation and send a booking link to your customer for completion. You may as well include the payment option into your booking links, so that the customers can also pay the order in advance.
Note: To use this feature, make sure to upgrade your Rentle Plan to Discover, Build, or Advance.
On this page
What is a booking link?
When you're getting calls or emails from your customers asking to reserve rental equipment in advance, you can use the booking link. It allows you to send a unique booking link to your customers through SMS or email. Via the link, your customer can fill in the necessary information, accept the rental terms and conditions and pay the order before arriving at your store. It is much faster and secure way to serve customers using the rental link as you just have to ensure the correct spelling of either your customer's phone number or email address. Your customers themselves with then provide all necessary additional information and can enter their payment details according to your settings.
How to send a booking link
- Create a reservation for the future by choosing the rental duration and products
- Then, instead of saving the booking, click Send link to order.
- Fill in the customer details
- Fill in at least the email address or mobile number
- You can add your customer's name
- You can add an additional greeting or information
- Choose the payment method from the dropdown menu
- Choose the language for your customer
- Set an expiration date, by which you customer needs to complete the order
- Once the link is sent, the order will appear as Pending in your upcoming orders. If the customer fills in the rental information and accepts the terms and conditions, the status of the rental changes to Confirmed
Customer Journey when receiving a booking link
Your customer immediately receives either an email or SMS with the booking link. Once they click the link, the order details are reviewed, customers are asked to fill in missing information, accept your Terms & Conditions and potentially pay for their rental online already.