How to use Rentle to offer and manage local deliveries
Included in Rentle Basic, Grow & Advanced
To offer deliveries, make sure you have either a Rentle Basic, Grow or Advanced plan: Rentle pricing plans
To take your first booking with delivery, you need to decide what delivery options you want to offer and then set up your store's deliveries so that your customers can choose a delivery option in the online channel.
Open a store you want to create a delivery option for, go to > Delivery.
In the Delivery options section, click New Delivery Option. Rentle will open a new delivery options page.
- First choose whether you offer Delivery & optional pickup, Delivery & pickup or Delivery only
In the About section, specify:
- Name. For the delivery option that will be visible to your customers.
- Delivery and pickup prices. The delivery price is a price you charge to deliver products that belong to one booking. Pickup price is the price you charge to pick up products that belong to one booking; after a booking has been ended. If you want to offer free delivery, enter 0 or do not enter anything.
Set tax rates for the delivery sales according to your local legislation.
- Description. Enter a message to customers with details on your delivery option. It might include limitations, such as "The distance must be less than 160 kilometers or 100 miles." or a list of postal codes to which you will deliver,...
- In the Products section, choose the products that are available for this delivery option
- Availability. Specify when your delivery will be available. Here you can restrict delivery options to bookings with a minimum booking duration and define dates and time slots when you offer delivery. You can create multiple periods with different delivery slots. Choose freely if you allow delivery, pickup and self-return also on days, when your store is closed.
- In the Handling time section, specify the time your customers need to place a delivery order the latest. Also define the handling time before and after, to ensure you have enough time to prepare and deliver the products. Products are unavailable in the inventory during the set handling times.
Note! Handling time doesn't replace maintenance time. Suppose you have a product with 1 hour maintenance time before a booking. The product is available for Standard delivery with a handling time of 2 hours before booking. The product will be unavailable in the inventory for a total of 3 hours before every new booking.
6. Once you have provided all the desired information, click Create to create the delivery option.
Note! After creation, a delivery option will be immediately available in your online store. If you want to keep it hidden, create the delivery option without specified products.
After setting up local delivery in your Delivery settings, learn how to fulfill delivery bookings. If you have questions, contact Rentle support.
Delivery in online
Once you've set up delivery in your Delivery settings, they will be visible in your online store. To check the online store, click the Online Store button in the top-right corner.
When browsing products, your customer can choose between Store pickup and Delivery.
Modal shows the delivery options available for the store if delivery is chosen.
When the delivery option is selected, the list shows only products available for that delivery option.
Instead of the start time, your customer needs to choose the delivery slot when selecting a product.
- At checkout, a customer provides the address details and additional delivery information. It's also possible to add the pickup after the booking ends and select a pickup slot at checkout.