How to use Rentle to offer and manage local deliveries
To use delivery, your store needs to have online payments enabled. Make sure to also have manager or admin user rights.
To take your first booking with delivery, you need to decide what delivery options you want to offer, and then set up your store's deliveries so that your customers can choose a delivery option in the online channel.
Open a store you want to create a delivery on, go to Main navigation > Delivery
In the Delivery options section, click New. A new delivery option page will be opened.
In the About section, specify:
- Name. How the delivery option will be visible in the online store to your customers.
- Delivery and pickup prices. The delivery price is a price you charge to deliver products that belong to one booking. Pickup price is the price you charge to pick up products that belong to one booking; after a booking has been ended. If you want to offer free delivery, then enter 0 or d not enter anything.
- Set tax rates you need to charge according to the local law.
- Description. Enter a message to customers with details of your delivery option. It might include limitations, such as "The distance must be less than 160 kilometers or 100 miles." or a list of postal codes to which you will deliver.
In the Settings section, specify:
- Products that you offer for delivery
- Delivery slots. Specify dates and time slots when you offer delivery. You can create multiple periods with different delivery slots.
Suppose your carrier is available all days from 9 to 10 in the morning and from 20 to 21 in the evening during the summer, and only from 9 to 10 in the morning during the rest of the year.
Your delivery slots setup will be
- Optional: If you want to only offer delivery on bookings over a certain duration, then specify the duration in the Minimum booking duration.
- Optional: If you want to take a delivery booking within a certain time before the booking starts, specify the latest time Delivery must be ordered. We recommend having buffer time to be able to prepare products and hand out them to the carrier.
In the Handling time section, specify the time your carrier needs to drive from your store to the delivery area. During the handling time product is unavailable in the inventory.
Note! Handling time doesn't replace maintenance time. Suppose you have a product with 1 hour maintenance time before a booking. The product is available for Standard delivery with a handling time of 2 hours before booking. The product will be unavailable in the inventory for a total of 3 hours before every new booking.
6. Once you have provided all the desired information, click on Create delivery button to create the delivery option.
Note! After creation, a delivery option will be immediately available in your online store. If you want to keep it hidden, create the delivery option without any products specified.
After you set up local delivery in your Delivery settings, learn how to fulfill delivery bookings. If you have questions, contact Rentle support.
Delivery in online
Once you've set up delivery in your Delivery settings, they will be visible in your online store. To check the online store click Online store button in the top-right corner.
When browsing products your customer can choose between Store pickup and Delivery.
Modal shows the delivery options available for the store if delivery is chosen.
When the delivery option is selected, the list shows only products available for that delivery option.
When selecting a product, instead of the start time, your customer needs to select the delivery slot.
- At checkout, a customer provides the address details and additional delivery information. It's also possible to add the pickup after the booking ends and select a pickup slot at checkout.