How to refund payments to your customers
There are several reasons why you might need to refund payments to your customers. Maybe your customer had to cancel her booking, shorten the initial reservation, or change the equipment to cheaper alternatives. In any case, this article explains how to make payment refunds.
- Go to the Bookings page and select the booking which payment you want to refund.
- Click the Payment overview on the right side of the page.
- On the right side of the Payment overview page, click Refund
- Next, refund all or part of the payment by defining the refunded percentage or amount. Finally, Click Refund.
- On the same page, you can also Charge or Release security deposits.
Note: When the payment has been made outside of Rentle (e.g., in-person using cash), you should manually refund the payment to your customer. Rentle makes automatic refunds only when the payment has been made in Rentle's online checkout. However, to keep your accounting reports up to date, you should mark the manual refunds also in Rentle.
Warning: Once payment has been refunded, you can't undo the action.