Start automatically calculating DIN value for a product.
DIN value is an important issue when renting out skis. In Rentle, you can mark the DIN value for your products and even make the calculation automatic to make order fulfillment even faster.
In this article
Enable DIN value calculation
- Install the Din settings block from your Rentle Block Store.
- In your Rentle Admin, go to the Products > General settings
- Switch on the "Mark DIN values for ski products".
- From here, you can either choose to use "Manual input" or "Automatic calculation".
- With manual input, you always have to mark and calculate the DIN value yourself. This is useful if you wish to use some other formula than provided by Rentle.
- With automatic calculation, you only need to worry about filling the products you give out to each customer. The DIN value is then calculated automatically according to user information and the used DIN formula.
- Select the products you wish to collect DIN value under the "What are your ski products to collect DIN from?". Usually, these are your alpine ski products, where you always set the DIN when renting them out.
- Choose the boots to be used with products at "What are your ski bot products to be used for calculating DIN?". As in many formulas, the DIN value depends on the sole length of the boot. Rentle needs to be able to fetch this information from your inventory to calculate the DIN.
Tip: If you wish to have DIN calculated for products like skiing boots, choose them here. This way, if clients rent only boots, they will still be asked for all the needed information for the DIN calculation.
How will this affect the consumer experience?
Currently, we offer only Atomic's DIN formula. For this to be calculated, the formula uses the following information:
- Age group
- Experience level
- Sole length of the boot
Also, Rentle asks for the shoe size to help you pick the right boot for the customer.
This information will automatically be asked from your customers, who rent products you've defined to use DIN value. This happens in every sales channel (admin dashboard, booking links, online shop, and check-in kiosk).
Be aware: Rentle needs the sole length for the boots to calculate the DIN. Ensure you've filled this information in your inventory for all your ski boot products.