What are product variants and how to create them
Product variants are, simply put, different versions of the same product. Variants are helpful, for example, if the product is the same, but it has various size alternatives.
This is how a product variant set-up could look like in a bike rental shop. The logic is precisely the same also with other product types.
In this situation, the rental shop has two size variants and two frame material variants. So there will be 2x2=4 variants of the product in total.
Here's how you create product variants:
- From the Main navigation, select Products
- Select the product for which you want to create the variants
- Click on Variants
- Press Add Column on the top right corner and write the variant type (e.g. size)
- Press New product variant and create as many variants as you'll need. If the variant type affects the price, define the Price increase, otherwise leave it blank.
- After you have created the variants, add stock to your inventory.
When a product has variants, your customers can choose their preferred selections in your online store. Also, when you make reservations manually in the admin, you can now specify the variant as shown below.