How to bundle products into a product package
Product packages allow you to create different product and service combinations from the items you have in your inventory. Bundling up your products makes your product catalog more streamlined, thus helping your customers to browse and book your products more efficiently.
Example: Your shop has 20 pairs of skis, 15 pairs of boots, and 50 pairs of poles in the stock. If these equipment are bundled into a package, the availability of packages is 15 based on the number of boots. Because when you run out of boots, you can't rent out the sets anymore, although there are still skis and poles left.
Here's how to start creating package products:
- Install the package products block from your Rentle Block Store.
- From the main navigation select Products
- Click on New product in the top right corner.
- Fill out the name of the product and choose the category to which the product package belongs.
- Check the "This is a product package" checkbox.
Next, the system will take you to the product's page. Filling out the basic information of a product is covered in another article, so let's move directly to the phase where to manage the products that you want to include in the package.
The image below shows the section in the product settings that lets you select and manage equipment included in the set.
- Activate the search by clicking Search products.
- Type in the name of the product you want to add. It will appear on top of the search bar.
- Click on the product you want to add.
Once you've added the first product of the package, the view looks like this:
Add the rest of the products that are included in the package by searching for the product and clicking on it when it appears on top of the search bar.
When you have added all the products to the set, save the changes by pressing the Save button located in the top right corner.
Note: You must have the individual products created before creating a package.