How to create product descriptions for multiple languages
Depending on your chosen Rentle Plan you will have multiple languages available. Currently, Rentle supports 16 languages for your sales channels. Available languages ->
On this page:
How to enable additional languages
- Navigate to your Account and select Languages
- Click manage languages and select all languages you want to enable for your account
- Under main language to select the language you will create your content in, i.e. when creating a new product, you create it in your main language and add the respective translations afetrwards.
How to translate your content
Once you have selected the languages, you can start creating translations for them. Rentle provides the translations of your sales channels' core structure as well as the transactional emails. All individual content must be translated individually. Here is how to:
- Navigate to Account > Languages and select Translations
- Choose the language you want to translate your content to
- Select the area (Products, Categories,...) you want to translate and work through the list
Language your customers view your Rentle store in
When your online store is available in multiple languages, your customer's browser language defines the default language your Rentle store will be displayed in. If the customer's browser language is not available in your Rentle store, your main language will be selected for your customers.
Your main language: English
Your additionally enabled languages: German, French, Italian
Your customer's browser language: Spanish
In this scenario, your customer will get your Rentle Store displayed in your main language, English, as Spanish is not available.
Your customers can switch between your enabled languages:
On mobile view