How to serve walk-in customers by creating orders manually
Included in Rentle Grow & Advanced
To sell in person and create manual bookings, make sure you have either Rentle Grow or Advanced plan: Rentle pricing plans
You can make immediate manual bookings in the Create Booking view when customers arrive at your shop without a reservation. Here's how it works:
- Start by making sure you have the main toggle set as Book now
- Choose the duration of the booking
- Select the products for Person 1
- Add more persons if necessary and assign products to each of them
- Double-check that everything is correct and press continue.
- Select the responsible person, and fill in the necessary customer information. Then press Confirm booking.
- Finish the booking by assigning product codes (if needed) to the order either manually or using a barcode scanner. If you want to add additional notes, write them down. To start the booking by pressing Start.
Simple and effective. To finish the rental and mark the products returned, choose Bookings > Active > [The booking you want to end] and click return from the bottom right corner. The rental is now returned and will be found under the Completed tab.
Note that once a rental is returned, the possible security deposit is released. So before confirming the return, make sure all your equipment has been returned in good condition.