How to create, edit and delete inventory articles
You are here:
On this page
Deleting articles or specifications
Creating articles in Rentle
- In your Rentle Admin App navigate to the Inventory section through the main menu and select Articles
- Click the Add Articles button, which opens the Add articles page
- Select the respective SKU for the Articles you want to add
- Create and define article specifications depending on your business requirements and products.
- Define the unique article identifiers (Article IDs) by either auto-generating or using your own custom identifiers.
- If you use auto-generated IDs, you only need to define the number of articles you want to create. If you use your own identifiers, the quantity of articles is determined based on the number of custom IDs you add to the input field.
- Define whether the articles are for rent or for sale under the allocation dropdown.
- Lastly, click Add Articles
Example: Adding 5 Patagonia Responsibili-Tee shirts in size L as Rental Products to the previously created SKU RD-T-SH-L
Sometimes you may want to edit your article settings, for example
- when you decide that you want to sell the article instead of renting it out anymore
- when you have to take the article out of use for the time being due to some repair or cleaning work
- when the article got lost
- when you want to move the article to another location
Simply head back to your Articles in your Inventory and click on the Article you want to edit.
Example: Marking one of the Red Patagonia Shirts with the Article Identifier RE-T--SI-L-1 as lost
Deleting Articles or Specifications
- Deleting articles from your inventory is easy. simply click on the articles you want to delete in your Inventory and choose delete selected.
- If you want to remove specifications for all articles click on the three vertical dots menu next to the specification name and click the delete action on the menu. Please note that fixed specifications provided by Rentle can't be deleted.
More information: General information on inventory articles