What products you're going to sell & rent is the most important choice you'll make for your store. Follow this guide to get a feel for creating products with Rentle and test how they can be purchased from your hosted online store.
Create your first product and test order
|☑️||Create your free Rentle account (if you haven't yet)||Create account|
|☑️||Create your first product||Learn how|
|☑️||Add your first payment method||Learn how|
|☑️||View your online store||Learn how|
|☑️||Create an order from your store|
|☑️||View the order in your Rentle Admin App.||Learn how|
|☑️||Next: set up your account basics||View checklist|
How to create your first product
Creating & customizing your products is the most important task and choice when setting up your store.
Here's how to create a simple product for your first test order:
- From your Rentle Admin App, click Products to go to the Products page.
- From the Products page, click New Product
- Add the following basic information for your product:
- Price (You'll be able to customize these later)
- Click Create Product
- That's it! Your product is now ready for your first test order.
The following section will help you customize your product catalogue further: Customizing your product catalogue
How to add your first payment method
Setting up your payments is a key step in launching your online store. The Payments overview guide will give you a more in-depth view to payment method possibilities.
For your first test order we recommend adding a manual payment method as a first step:
- From your Rentle Admin App, click Account and Payments to go to the Payments page.
- Scroll to the Manual payment methods section
- Activate the Pay in-store method
- That's it. Your online store checkout is now ready for your first test order.
This guide will help you setup online payments when you are ready: Payments overview
View your online store
Customizing your online store and having a complete product catalogue is a key step before launching. At this stage your store may still feel empty but the following section will help you customize it further: customizing your online store
To view your online store:
- On the home page of your Rentle Admin App, you'll see a button Online store on the top right corner.
- Click the Online store button.
- That's it. You are now ready to do your first test order.
View the order in your Rentle Admin App.
Follow these steps to view and fulfill orders:
- From your Rentle Admin App , click Bookings to go to the Bookings page
- The upcoming section displays all of your upcoming bookings, regardless of the sales channel it has been created from.
- Click the test order you just created to view details.
- Great, you've now created your first product and order.